HEAL TO HEALTH: A MINDFUL PRACTICE TO COPING WITH STRESS
Weekly sessions include:
Orientation + Doing to Being
- Paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgementally is the foundation of mindfulness.
- Cultivating curiosity, kindness, and beginner’s mind will bring new awareness
- Exploring, and shifting of attention transforms change.
Perception & Knowing Are Different
- Delving into the practice and working with body awareness
- Exploring another way of knowing and perceiving shifts perspective of looking outside the box
- Addressing challenges to your daily practice
- Using the breath as an anchor to the present moment
- Incorporating mindfulness into everyday life,
- Exploring pleasant experiences
- Awareness of body sensations and its relationship to reducing stress
- Integrating Mindful Movement
- Identifying stressors and habitual reactions
- Exploring stress: Acute/chronic/internal/external stressors
- Using Circle of Awareness exercise
Stress, Mindful Awareness & Responding
- Making responsive choices for greater self care
- Mindful attention to stress reactivity provides a platform to notice and relate to stressors differently without reacting
- Exploring difficult communication styles that are a common source of stress.
- Identifying communication styles that increase intrapersonal and interpersonal stress
- Noticing personal styles that bring awareness and choice about how to communicate.
How do I Best Take Care of Myself?
- Some stressors can be changed, others cannot applying kindness to self
- Mindful attention can change our relationship to stress and increase choice
- Integrating mindfulness into our lives and how we relate to the world can increase resilience
Silent Retreat Day
Experience a 6-hour long daytime retreat using the series of meditation practices covered in the sessions. Guided and conducted in silence.
This event can be virtual or in person
Endings Are Beginnings
- Planning your future practice
- whatn you need for supporting your practice: challenges, enhancers, resources
- Closing ceremony
Rani is a wonderful teacher and facilitator. She is encouraging without being judgemental. The practice during the session is very helpful, the de-briefs are calming, and the homework is habit building
I came away with knowledge of what mindfulness was and wasn’t and habits and mindful practices that are good fits for me.
- Margie S
Rani is a dedicated and well informed practitioner of all aspects of wellness. Her knowledge is empirical based. IN addition, she really cares
- Wendy L
I came to the MBSR program with no expectations but a lot of curiosity on how I might experience the program. However, I was hopeful that this might be the program that would help me manage my stress and chronic pain. I am happy to report that, while the work continues, my progress to date has been positive. I would not hesitate to recommend this program to those who are looking for an opportunity tio introduce positive change where it might be needed.
- Jane D
$125 for Fall 2022
Limit to 10 people
Begins November 3rd
Learn nine different meditation practices and their origins from Buddhist teachings. Discover the depth of mindfulness concepts that provide a strong foundation for a personal practice.
Stress Reduction Tools
Gain new tools for reducing stress and how to apply them in different environments.
Evolve your ability to better communicate using positive and calming methods for acheiving effective results.